News

Donald Trump Tweets his admiration for Suffolk Gazette journalism

By  |

Donald Trump has sent a Tweet admiring the Suffolk Gazette

US President Donald Trump has sent an extraordinary Tweet praising the journalism of the Suffolk Gazette.

In what is – by a country mile – our most high-profile support ever, Mr Trump urged his 27 million Twitter followers to “check out” the Suffolk Gazette.

He even quipped that we had a “fun” soccer team, and used the #ITFC hashtag!

The President has been waging a war on so-called fake news in America since coming to power, and while repeatedly chastising the likes of CNN he has now started to showcase great journalism as well.

Last night it was the turn of the Suffolk Gazette to get a name check, and we couldn’t be more delighted.

A spokesman for the Suffolk Gazette said: “We’re only a small local newspaper in England, but we take great pride in our responsible and accurate reporting.

“It is the only way to build trust with your readership, and this explains why hundreds of thousands of people enjoy our pages every month. Even some from Norfolk.”

A spokesman for the White House said: “We do not comment on the President’s Tweets but it is true to say he is fond of England and admires the British Press. He also loves soccer.”

Mr Trump’s Tweet about the Suffolk Gazette has already been Liked by 76,000 of his followers, and Re-Tweeted by 16,000 more.

Please support my running costs by clicking here and buying me a beer!
Olimometer 2.52

6 Comments

1. Nick Griffin

March 21, 2017 at 3:13 pm

Who remembers me?

2. baz williams

March 21, 2017 at 1:20 pm

He will be so pi55ed when he finds out

3. Nigel Farage

March 21, 2017 at 10:47 am

I hope this is true. Like really true. Like, the best true. The best true of all the trues.

• The Editor

March 21, 2017 at 11:03 am

Dear Mr Farage,

No fake news here, only alternative facts. How’s retirement?

Regards,
      The Editor

• Nigel 'in the pub' Farage

March 21, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Dear Mr The Editor,

Unfortunately, having unsuccessfully pushed for retirement several times, I didn’t actually have a plan in place upon actually achieving it. Naturally I blame the government; I cannot believe they don’t have plans for people’s retirements, particularly mine.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Donald Trump

March 22, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Dear Mr Nigel “you’ll find me in the pub” Farage.
          Fake news. If you lived in the United States you would have had the best retirement plan. Nobody have better retirement plans then me. Im the most retarded person. Sorry, I ment retired person.
          #MakeMuricaRetiredAgain

Best regards,
          President of the Trump towers, the United States of America and the Aprentice (when the show was great),
          Donald Trump